London is facing dramatic cuts to bus services, with up to 78 routes changed of which 21 routes would be cut completely. In total:
- Nearly 1 in 20 bus kilometres will be cut.
- Cuts to routes and night buses affect 23 boroughs
- Around 80 new changes between buses involve a different stop: this will especially impact people with wheelchairs and buggies.
If these cuts go ahead, it will harm many Londoners who can least afford to lose these services. Many of us will find it harder to get to work, see family and friends, or get to essential services.
While the Conservative Government has been playing politics with London's finances, starving Transport for London of much-needed money, the Mayor's proposal to cut these services is not the answer.
Sign our petition now to call on the Mayor to work with central government and local councils to find alternatives to these cuts.
Services at risk of being withdrawn completely:
- 4: Archway-Blackfriars
- 11: Fulham Broadway - Liverpool Street
- 12: Oxford Circus Station - Dulwich Library
- 14: Russell Square - Putney Heath
- 16: Cricklewood Bus Garage - Victoria
- 24: Hampstead Heath - Pimlico, Grosvenor Road
- 31: Camden Town - White City Bus Station
- 45: Elephant & Castle, Newington Causeway - Clapham Park
- 72: East Acton - Hammersmith Bridge North Side
- 74: Baker Street Station - Putney High Street
- 78: Shoreditch High Street Station - Nunhead, St Mary's Road
- 242: Homerton University Hospital - Aldgate
- 521: Waterloo Station - London Bridge Bus Station
- C3: Earl's Court, Tesco - Clapham Junction
- D7: Poplar, All Saints Church and DLR - Mile End Station
- N11: Ealing Broadway Station - Appold Street
- N16: Edgware Bus Station - Victoria Station
- N31: Bayham Street - Clapham Junction Station
- N72: Brunel Road - Norley Vale
- N74: Danebury Avenue / Minstead Gardens - Baker Street Station
- N242: Homerton Hospital / Wardle Street - St Giles High Street
A further 58 routes will be re-configured - see the following for more details: