Job Title: Constituency Coordinator and Researcher
Employer: Scott Ainslie MEP (Green Party MEP for London)
Location: Central London (exact office location TBC)
Length: Fixed term contract to 31st October 2019, with the potential to extend should the UK remain in the EU
Start date: 1st August 2019, or as soon as possible
Key relationships: Scott’s Brussels and London staff
Hours: 35 hours per week, some flexibility in timing required due to the parliamentary calendar. Some evening and weekend work may be required, for which there will be time off in lieu.
Salary: £35,000 p/a (inc. London weighting)
Purpose of the role
Scott Ainslie is the new Green Party MEP for London. He has a track record of challenging injustice and inequality, and driving forward a culture for change.
He is currently looking to recruit an exceptional Constituency Coordinator to be part of a small, proactive, highly dedicated and strategic team.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, quick thinking, decisive and have good political antennae. You will write with clarity, be able to manage competing priorities and have excellent interpersonal and communications skills. You will have a personal interest in and be motivated by environmental and social justice.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role supporting and helping to develop the work of London’s new Green MEP, Scott Ainslie, as he joins an enlarged group of Green MEPs in the European Parliament.
1. Provide strategic and policy advice to Scott Ainslie MEP with the rest of the team.
2. Undertake research for Scott - including compiling background research for events and constituency matters, and briefings for meetings and media appearances.
3. Act as the primary point of contact between Scott and his constituency, including individuals and organisations.
4. Manage correspondence from constituents, liaising with the Brussels office as necessary.
5. Manage the London office, and provide secretarial support to Scott including managing and responding to mail, telephone and email enquiries, booking meetings, taking minutes, organising travel arrangements, and general office support.
6. Manage Scott’s constituency diary, coordinating with the Brussels office.
7. Help ensure streamlined communications between London and Brussels offices.
8. Communicate with relevant bodies, including the offices of other MEPs as necessary.
9. Represent the MEP at meetings in the region as necessary, and report to Scott or other relevant staff.
10. Be responsible for basic office management and oversee matters relating to the provision and maintenance of IT platforms, equipment, telephones and office supplies in the London office as necessary.
11. Contribute to the website, specifically taking responsibility for financial transparency, including ensuring relevant financial information and receipts are published online.
12. Coordinate gathering and holding financial information relating to the work of the office (e.g. petty cash, receipts etc) in coordination with Scott’s accountants.
13. Maintain a database of regional organisations and contacts.
14. Occasionally manage volunteers and, where agreed in advance, project staff.
15. Other tasks as appropriate to the position and agreed from time to time.
To apply, submit a CV and cover letter (as email attachments) outlining how you meet the above job description and person criteria. Deadline: 11pm on Sunday 7th July 2019.
Send to email@example.com, naming the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype during the w/c 8th July.
Siân for Green Mayor