Let’s transform public transport
Let's always make it cheaper to travel by bus, tube or train than by car, and create a transport system fit for purpose.
- We will cut fares in real terms from day one, making it cheaper to use public transport than to drive, and then replace the congestion charge with a smart, pay-as-you-drive scheme
- We will make it possible to exchange your car for enhanced credit on your Oyster card, your car club membership, or vouchers for your local bike shop
- We will expand bus and train services, particularly in outer London, ensuring all stations have at least four trains per hour, with services starting earlier and finishing later
Green London Assembly Members were pivotal in introducing the Congestion Charge to hold down fares and have consistently shown how fares could be cheaper.
Let's ensure that all our streets are safe and pleasant for walking and cycling.
- We will redesign dangerous junctions and main roads to give safe, dedicated space to cyclists, and complete the Greenway and London Cycle Network
- We will introduce a 20mph speed limit on all roads where we live, work and shop and get more police out enforcing limits
- We will reduce the amount of traffic on all of our roads and give cyclists and pedestrians priority at junctions with an early green light
Green London Assembly Members have more than tripled the cycling budget and continue to lead efforts to make our roads safer with fewer deaths and fewer injuries.