Let's make London more equal
Let's reduce the gap between rich and poor. We'll introduce a Fair Pay Mark for companies that show they've reduced pay inequality.
- We will ensure nobody earns more than ten times the lowest paid person in our transport, police and fire services, with everybody earning at least the London Living Wage
- We will establish a Fair Pay Commission to encourage London's largest employers to take measures to reduce inequality, rewarding those that do with a Fair Pay Mark
- We will ease the cost of childcare by working with councils and providers to increase affordable and voluntary provision
Green London Assembly Members have helped put in place the London Living Wage and persuaded the Mayor to begin addressing the growing pay gap in London.
Let's help all Londoners flourish whatever their age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality, disability or faith.
- We will make all bus stops and a third of the tube network accessible, and involve organisations representing older and disabled people in reviewing bus driver training
- We will support refugees, asylum seekers and immigrants so they are fully included in their local community, and allow Azure cards to be used on buses
- We will provide a LGBT liaison police officer in every borough, who will work with schools to tackle homophobic bullying, and councils to draw up a hate crime action plan
Green London Assembly Members used the first Mayor's Question Time to secure a registration scheme for same sex couples, paving the way for civil partnerships.